Saturday, August 7, 2010

Miami ---> Milishka

So I have now been at my permanent site, Milishka, for a little over a day. And as fast as time flew during PST in Qarashamb (when we were surrounded my American's and our whole group of 60 got together once a week), time has gone the same speed, only in the opposite direction now that I have arrived at site. The public school system in Armenia begins September 1st, which means that I have a little more than three weeks with absolutely nothing to do.
In Milishka, I am truly living the Peace Corps experience I thought about before I came to Armenia complete with an outdoor squat toilet and shower house, and I think I am thankful for that, as the reality begins to sink in, I'll let you know if that statement turns out to be 100% true.

But for now, its time to go explore the village and see what it has to offer. I am anxious to go test out my Armenian language skills, on someone other than my host family.

Until next time,

---Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment